Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCrazy
    Registered Member
    • Mar 2012

I bled more than a quart of fluid thru all 4 lines, till it was very clear and no bubbles. I'm sure I have all the old fluid out of the lines. They are only 1/8 inch lines...so not much volume.

I could have just started by bleeding the lines, but I think I would have ended up pulling and inspecting the MC and prop valve anyways, so I just chose to get it over with at the start.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• chevynut
      Registered Member
      • Nov 2011

Hope you solved it Paul. I'd just out of curiosity like to understand what the problem was and why the brakes were pulsing off and on. I'm having a hard time seeing how "bad" brake fluid could make that happen.
      56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
      56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
      57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
      1962 327/340HP Corvette
      1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
      2001 Porsche Boxster S
      2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
      2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

• WagonCrazy
        Registered Member
        • Mar 2012

Well guys, today I went for the one aspect of the brake system I haven't looked into ...the rear brakes.
        Bingo...

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Lining of the shoe(s) was coming off. Yes...it started to squeel when driving it this morning. That was the final clue...

I installed these rear shoes 4 or so years ago, and don't remember where I got them, but they are CHEAP JUNK. They are "bonded only" to the metal shoe. So they let loose with less than 5000 miles on them.

New shoes installed are better quality with rivits holding the material to the metal shoe.

So I got a round trip accomplished all thru my brake system, only to find it in the last place I looked.

Didn't Laszlo ask me that question at the top of this post??????

Dumbazz Paul.
        1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
        1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

Working...